Tuesday, April 27

Favorite Prego Moments


Before Beckett was born, I was trying to maintain a good attitude about the seemingly everlasting pregnancy (oh what I didn't know we were in for), and I started to keep a list of my favorite prego moments. Here are the top ten:

1. Taking someone else's grocery cart by accident. Twice! The second woman looked at me very closely, as if evaluating my mental health.

2. Waking up in the middle of the night needing to use the bathroom, hungry, with heart burn, leg cramps, sore side ligament and hips (thank goodness for my body pillow), sore shoulder and neck, and Asher's leg draped over my back. So many of those symptoms disappeared over night - yeah!

3. Getting to Asher's school to pick him up and realizing I forgot Harper's underwear, tights, jacket, and shoes (I had put her in the car wrapped in a blanket still asleep). It was snowing.

4. Watching Asher hold and rock a baby doll and change its diaper at Sibling Safari class. At home, dolls are the enemy or used as a weapon.

5. Not having to shave my legs because when I'm pregnant my leg hair pretty much stops growing. Sweet!

6. Asher and Harper giving my belly hugs for the baby and whispering sweetly to him.

7. During my first trimester, the kids listened to a story called, "The Secet of Droon." Ever since, as soon as I hear the beginning of the story, I start to feel first-trimester sick again. The power of sound!

8. The strangest dream I had - I had to dress up as Gumby for a play. Once I was in the costume, the director decided a pregnant Gumby looked silly and someone else had to play the part.

9. Being envious about seeing a woman running and then realizing my body WAS running - to create a baby.

10. The unreplicatable feeling of being pregnant - nothing like it in the world - and incubating a small human being. I was so ready to not be pregnant anymore, but, in hindsight, I wish I had appreciated it or taken time to appreciate it just a little more.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Nammy said...

So much of parenting for me is like your #10....I wish I had been able to pay more attention to everything. Now I get to work at it with the Nanna kids!