Wednesday, January 7

Playtime!

What with one thing (the holidays) and another (Michael getting ready for his trip to China and Myanmar), I have had less time than normal to play with Asher and Harper. This isn't good for any of us. Yesterday, we had a "stay home day" (differentiated from a "Ms. Nancy day," "cartoon day," and "church day") filled with play and little else. I didn't have any major house work to do, and what I did do, Asher and Harper got to join me in (Asher checking out the attic above the garage with his new flashlight while I put Christmas boxes away and Harper using the new baby blanket I got down for her baby, who, by the way, loves her new baby bed).

Before lunch, we spent about two hours outside in high 40 degree weather and
made a trip around the block playing Star Wars, hiding behind garbage cans, using a church's sign as a spaceship, toting our big yellow Nerf guns. After nap/rest time, Asher transformed a cardboard box into a robot, instructing me how and where to cut out pieces. I took pictures of him and Harper in the box, but he made sure that I would tell his dad that it's his robot, even though Harper is in some of the pictures. We also enjoyed at least an hour playing with the new Legos they got for Christmas from Nanna and Poppa. I just might have had more fun then they did putting together little animals and houses.

I don't know how we got so far away from playing together (and maybe it's one reason Asher has been so grumpy), and yesterday was a great time for all of us to reconnect and play some favorite games.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pics and notes. Can't wait to visit in Colorado again!! Maybe this summer...

Alexa said...

That would be so fun!

M said...

You are a fabulous mom! Play time often slips away. I asked Robert how our kids got so old. He said, "You blinked." Yeah, blinking has so got to stop. Enjoy your day!