Tuesday, April 1

Playing with Asher

I went to the grocery store yesterday with both kids - always an exciting time! Pulling into the parking lot, we saw Katie, Hogan and Mel Boyle. Hogan just happens to be one of Asher's best buds from daycare and church (Asher is pictured with Hogan and Lyle during our church's final lunch gathering). For the five minutes it took to get parked, Harper in the backpack and then Asher out of the car, Asher repeated, "Where's Hogan? Can we go find Hogan? Hogan is my best friend." In the store, I weighed just getting the shopping done and going on a search for Hogan. My one-track minded three-year-old pursuaded me to do the later, so we walked across the store, searching all the aisles and finally located Hogan and his family at checkout. While the three kids shared rides on the penny horse, Katie offered to take Asher with her while I finished shopping. God send! Asher was more than happy to be going off with his best bud, and Harper and I would have a fine time shopping.

Besides wrestling, playing knights and inventing superhero games to play with his pals, these days Asher likes
the color blue (his favorite)
coloring with the color blue
lava
finding creative new things to play with his toys (pictured, Asher played with his space monkey taking off in his space ship soon after the lizard knocked down the space monkey's tower - all placed on two drawers set upon each other by Asher)
contradicting his parents ("It's not Tuesday. It's Saturday and it's cartoon day. It's a stay home day, and cartoon day is a stay home day." Not a terrible sylogism!)
pictures of himself
his reflection
narrating what he's doing (". . . and then I flew off the couch. And then I crashed. Pow. Pow. And then I shot and . . .")
doing forward rolls
being a plant in the bathtub and getting watered by the toy watering can
going fast-fast on his like bike
jumping on the bed and couch and landing on his feet, bottom and back
playing with Harper just a little bit (what a change!)
throwing rocks in the creek
peeing on trees
peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
the bigger blankie (a queen sized quilt that gets dragged all over the house as a blanket, tunnel, and cave)
his cousin and the idea of having a new cousin to play with.

and dislikes
having cartoons turned off
his bike helmet
when Harper plays with the TV buttons while he's watching cartoons
lasagna or anything with tomato sauce
using napkins (his hair does the job just as well).

2 comments:

M said...

You paint such vibrant pictures of your children - I feel as though I know them even though we've never met. When we do, they're going to wonder who this weird, overly friendly and perhaps stalker woman is!

Anonymous said...

I can see my Grandpa Harper smiling at Asher's creative use of the drawers. Grandpa used to build wonderful birdhouses of wood.